BC Healthy Living
BC Healthy Living is an activity with emphasis on helping residents to live more healthfully via diet, exercise and access to wellness information. This will be accomplished with hands on training and activities, and by providing access to the means and support to live more healthfully. Activitiess will be created to address various levels of fitness and skills
The areas of attention will include but are not limited to:
– Diet, including working with the clubhouse to offer a range of healthy dining options, learning how to prepare easy, healthy food at home, and education on nutrition. Explore the option of cooking classes and working with the ‘Dinner for 8’ to offer healthy menus and recipes and/or offer an health oriented dining group modeled on ‘Dinner for 8’.
– Exercise including walking groups and other activities directed at appealing to a wide range of residents and ability levels. Work with the Trails Committee to explore adding exercise/stretching station to one of our trails. The addition of water aerobics outside at the Wildcat Pool is being explored for the summer months.
– Stress, sleep disorders and becoming socially engaged will be examined as potential future areas for offering education and support.
How to Find Out About Current Activities:
Contact the Wellness Collaborative by phone or e-mail.
- Call the Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative helpline at (706) 268-3334 between the following hours:
Monday – Thursday 6:15 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday 6:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Send a request to email@example.com .
Once your request is received the Wellness Collaborative Info team will contact you.