BC Rides has been developed to assist residents who require help with non-emergency transportation services. The program will operate through the involvement of volunteer drivers who have been certified by the program’s steering committee. Transportation will be provided within a 60-mile radius from the Big Canoe Main Gate, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00AM and 6:00PM. Riders are asked to give as much notice as possible and a 2-week lead-time is preferred. There is no cost to the rider, but a tax-deductible donation to the Wellness Collaborative would be appreciated.
The program will cover transportation for:
- Medical appointments at hospitals, doctors, dentists and other medical facilities
- Pick up of mail
- Pickup of groceries or prescriptions at IGA
- Deposit of trash at the North Gate
The eligibility requirements to receive BC Rides services may include:
- Client must be ambulatory and able to get in and out of the vehicle without assistance (we cannot transport wheelchairs).
- Riders must be 18 years of age or older.
- The client should be compromised with respect to transportation for medical reasons.
- Client must sign the BC Rides and BC Meals Service Agreement.
How to Request Services
Services can be requested by phone or e-mail.
- Call the Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative helpline at (706) 268-3334 between the following hours:
Monday – Thursday 6:15 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday 6:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Send a request to email@example.com and let them know the services needed.
Once your request is received the Wellness Collaborative Info team will contact you to coordinate services.