BC Visits is a program to assist resident of the Big Canoe area that need companion services for their spouse, family member or for themselves. BC Visits will also provide respite for caregivers who are taking care of their loved ones and the program will provide a service to check in on clients who, for whatever reason have become shut-ins. The program will offer to check in either telephonically or visit the client’s house.
The eligibility requirements to receive BC Visits services may include:
- The client should be essentially homebound, meaning that the client’s absences fromthe home are infrequent and require considerable assistance of another person.
- The client should be compromised with respect to personal care, mobility, mealpreparation, or transportation.
- The client may be experiencing a personal loss, such as the death of a family memberliving with the client, or may be recovering from an operation or extended hospital stay. The client may have a sensory impairment or cognitive disorder that would prevent the ability to drive
- The client may be a caregiver who does not personally meet one of the eligibility requirements but is requesting services on behalf of a spouse or family menber who does.
- Client must sign the BC Rides, BC Meals and BC Visits Service Agreement.
How to Request Services
Services can be requested by phone or e-mail.
• Call the Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative helpline at (706) 268-3334 between the following hours:
Monday – Thursday 6:15 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Send a request to email@example.com and let them know the services needed.
Once your request is received the Wellness Collaborative Info team will contact you to coordinate services.